Wednesday, October 24, 2012

TGIF (Thank God I've Friends)

I finally applied for some jobs yesterday. I guess it has only been one week since I joined the unemployed ranks, but it seems like much longer. One of the opportunities came from a contact and one from a web search.

It would be easy to sit around the house and whine about my bad luck, but God has led a large number of former colleagues to contact me about job ideas and supportive messages. Some added recommendations and skills to my Linkedin profile. Others, including two more today, have said I should investigate positions at their places of business. You know, even if none of them pan out, it certainly raises my spirits that they took the time to contact me.

Monday, I went for my annual physical up at Mayo Clinic. Let me tell you that I was disappointed in my results. OK, my fat % did go down (I'm down 5 lbs of fat and up 3 lbs of muscle), but it is still much too high (26%). Another number that was too high is my triglycerides. I don't eat that much sweets, but I guess it can be influenced by all sorts of things including bread and pasta.

For those of you that are visual-types, here is a shot of the Twin Falls in Yankee Boy Basin at Ouray, CO. If you've followed this blog in past years, you can see that the water flow is way down this year. It was still pretty, though.

I've got to head over the the folks for laundry day today. No, we have not yet fixed or replaced our washer. I took my better half to work so I would have a car for laundry day. No, we have not yet replaced my car.

I will try to be more regular in my posting frequency going forward. The questions is...will you be regular in checking the blog? Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I was wondering where you had been but had not read your last post. So sorry to hear about your job loss. I will be praying for a perfect opportunity to come your way! Have you considered NZ?

Keith said...

...or Pahrump?