Friday, May 25, 2012

A Plethora of Pleasant Platitudes

Let's start with a praise for the day. Mom will be coming home today. They determined she does have a stomach ulcer caused by the pain medication for her back. So, that is easily treatable and not some indicator of a more serious problem. No, I have not heard yet when the back surgery, currently scheduled for June 15, will now be done. I would be a little surprised if her system was ready for it in only three weeks. Still, PTL, folks.

And, a cold front came through last night, dropping our afternoon highs by 20 degrees. Whoo hoo. That inspired today's CoV.

We attended Kendall's kindergarten graduation last night. I think my favorite part was when the class did the chicken dance. She had so much fun doing that. Her daddy got some video, so you'll probably see it on Facebook at some point.

Moving day is coming soon. Tomorrow, in fact. Ali is moving back to the Valley from Casa Grande and will be teaching at a new school in the fall. New both in the sense of a different school than she was at last year, as well as in the sense of it is still being constructed.

I don't know if I have a cold, or allergies (exacerbated by the wildfire smoke drifting down from the high country), or bronchitis (since Mom has it). Whatever it is, I am sneezing, coughing, draining. Well, that's graphic enough. You get the idea.

Lindsay, I didn't think about the benefits of not smelling like chlorine after swimming. That sounds nice. And I have not seen Mom in the last 24 hours, so I still owe her your hug.

OK, people, remember that Monday is Memorial Day, so I will probably not post an entry that day. Tuesday should be a normal workday, though, so we'll visit more then.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

Glad to hear that Aunt Sara Lynn (or aint Sara Lynn, as we sometimes pronounce it here) is doing better and coming back home. I will pass on the news to those that do not read your blog because they are not that computer literate. At least that's their story and they are sticking to it. The COVs have been good lately and I enjoyed your Leslie Nielsen reference this week. Have a good long weekend.