Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Sleepover Night!

We pick up the granddaughters this afternoon for a little sleepover. So, even with all the stuff ANW is bringing back, we had to straighten the middle bedroom so B&K can sleep there. That meant I had to move all the games back into the front closet, move a couple of other boxes into the garage, and pick up. OK, girls, we're ready for you.

One nice thing about the early heat up here in the Valley is that the pool will soon reach the optimal swimming temperature. What is it? It's a big hole in the ground with water in it, but that's not important now. The water temp should be cool enough that you need to keep moving to stay warm, but warm enough that you are not constantly shivering. For the girls, though, they were fine with the temp a couple of weeks ago. Remember? Did you hear me talking about it in this blog? Back then, though, the temp was still a bit ugly for me.

Speaking of ugly, or maybe speaking of hearing, it's time for today's vision clarification.




I don't know if something blew in recently or I just caught a little bug, but I have had a lot of allergy-like symptoms, including sneezing, a tickle in my throat, drainage. That is another nice thing about the coming heat. It lowers the allergens by drying up the offending plants and flowers. That's why, in the old days, people came out here for allergies and asthma and such.

I need to get started on a nap so I can be ready for our sleepover tonight. Please do not disturb me unless absolutely necessary. I'll share some details next week.

No comments: