Monday, May 21, 2012

Not Much Sun/Son Over the Weekend

We kept Kendall over the weekend and had a lot of fun with just one grandchild. We should find a way to do that occasionally. Then, we took her back home Saturday and saw Jack for a few minutes. So, I did not see my son for long.

Then, yesterday, I was over at the folks and we watched some of the eclipse through a pinhole projector. In AZ, about 87% of the sun was covered by the moon. So, I did not see the sun for long.

However, that does not mean I didn't have anything to say about it. You can read about it in CoV #731. Yup, you've forced yourself to read 731 of these things. Well, maybe not. Just because I wrote them does not mean anyone read them. Oh well. Since you are here, go ahead and read today's.

I needed to find a photo of Alison over the weekend, and it showed me that I do not have all my photos arranged and backed up yet. So, I reminded Dad and I will remind you. Be sure you have at least one backup of all your current photos somewhere besides your primary disk. I did not and have been messed up since the iMac G5 died last year.

The pool pump died on Saturday. That is NOT good when the temps are over 100F. So, I am pouring in liquid chlorine and brushing the pool often to keep some water movement going. The pool company cannot come until Wed morning. I don't want too much algae to grow. And AZ now has a law requiring a variable-speed pump if you must replace one, which raises the price from $250 or so up to $1000 or so. Why is it so expensive to be green? I think it won't pay for itself unless I can keep swimming into my 90s.

OK, I am hearing people talking around me. That means let you readers go do your stuff while I go do mine. Welcome to the week, my friends.

No comments: