Friday, May 11, 2012

It's The End of the Week As We Know It

Well, for those of us who work M-F, it's finally F. Whoo to the Hoo. However, even though it is Mother's Day this weekend (Happy Mom's Day, Mom), some of us will be moving a daughter back home. So, we start 7:45am tomorrow and will do as much as possible. We cannot empty her school classroom because school is not yet over and they don't want her taking everything out yet. And we cannot move all her clothes because, as I already mentioned, school is not yet over. Weren't you listening?

Speaking of school, there is some controversy here over a local Catholic high school that is forfeiting a championship baseball game because a girl is on the opposing team. Here is what I have to say about that.

Earlier this week, we went with the folks to eat at Chompie's, a local New York Deli. It looks like it is a local place, so you'll have to come to the Valley to try it. Anyway, we have been there a few times and I like it.

During the next 10 days, we only have three days of temps lower than 100F. I guess we have reached that time of year. We are on a plan with our electric utility where the rates are lower during off-peak hours (8pm-1pm) than on-peak (1pm-8pm). So, it tends to warm up in the house until we can finally cool it each night. Plus, our washer and dryer are in the garage, so it is even hotter there. I look forward to October when we cool back down.

Did I remember to wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day? Oh, yeah, I did. Also, Happy Mother's Day to my better half (not my mother, but the mother of my kids) and my daughter-in-love (also not my mother, but the mother of my grandkids). While I am at it, Happy Mother's Day to all you followers who are mothers.

OK, there is a dude waiting on me to do some real work, so let's wrap it up for the week. Yes, I do have some recent photos I have not shared. I will try to remember to prepare some at home this weekend. If I forget, oh well, I'll just inflict another CoV on you.

No comments: