Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Two In a Row?

We have East Valley Chorale concerts two weekends in a row? What's the dealio? OK, it is true that I did not go to the one last weekend, but still.... What Dorkus Lamorcus scheduled this?

Speaking of childhood insults, it is possible that some people never outgrow them.

Hey, did I mention that we finished out final Groupon meal the other night. It was pretty good, although Better Half isn't much into salmon. It was Chipotle Salmon and I enjoyed it. Now, we have to decide if we want to try it again (at an increased cost without the coupon). I'd like to, but we shall see. Oh yes. We shall see.

I have a couple of sibling birthdays coming up (sister and Preacher Bro). At least, they are not on the same day (although I do have a niece and nephew with the same b-day). I mean, nowadays, it wouldn't matter, but back then, I am sure competing parties would have been a mess.

I finished The Hunger Games last night. The author was in such a hurry to write book two that she didn't even tie up all the loose ends of book one. Did she learn story design from Tolkien? So, now I wonder how far the movie will take the story. Did I enjoy it? Yes, after the games actually began.

I have to lead the org staff meeting this afternoon, so I need to finish the presentation. I had the staff review it and one of them suggested it was "hard to read and follow with the eyes." (Yes, that phrase was in today's CoV. You already knew my ideas mostly come from life). So, I will go clean it up and do the other tasks of the day. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I was first!

Lindsay Ward said...

Justin and I both liked the Hunger Games books. I think the first was the best but I have a feeling you may feel differently based on your comment. We will see.