Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monday, Monday, So Good To Me

Mostly, Monday is not good to me (and based on the lyrics, it wasn't really that good for the Mamas and the Papas). It follows a weekend of no work. It follows a couple of days of not having to wake up so early. Ignoring the constant intrusion of workdays, Monday was fine because we had our final Groupon ready-to-eat meal last night and it was pretty good. Chipotle Salmon. Now, do we cough up some dough for some more of those meals or charge ahead on our own as we try to improve our diet? We have not decided yet.

It is not only diet that we are working on, though. We are also hitting the gym several times per week. We did go last night and I did the treadmill for 30 min (272 calories burned according to the display) and lower body exercises for 30 min (not sure of the exact calories, but I tried to keep up the intensity, so I am guessing at least 130). So, 400 calories is not bad. I am still slowly ramping up so I don't hurt anything. It had been several years since I had a regular exercise routine.

Every morning, I have to work out what I am going to write about in Clarity of Vision. Yes, I should try to plan it in advance, but that rarely seems to happen. So, here is where my brain went this morning.

Chorale practice tonight, but I do not have to direct. That is OK with me. I joined as an opportunity to sing. Thanks, Dad, for paying my dues.

Hey, Casey (our daughter-in-love's brother) was taken to the hospital with chest pains last night. I hope it was nothing serious.

OK, I have nothing scheduled until an 11:30am meeting, so I have some action items I have to knock out before they become overdue. So, you can knock off early and knock out your work items. Knock on wood, we'll both get finished by the end of the day.

No comments: