Thursday, March 08, 2012

A Slice of Pi

No, I did mean to omit the 'e' at the end of the word in the title. You'll see why when you read today's Clarity of Vision. Go ahead. Could this be the end of Ralph? We will know tomorrow.

Did you watch Survivor last night? My wife thinks they hired the women because they were attractive, and the guys because they were stupid. Last night's episode certainly lends credence to that. And after 24 seasons, Jeff noted that this was the first time this had ever occurred. What am I talking about? I cannot say yet, in case people recorded it and have not yet watched it. Y'all go home tonight and watch it so I can comment more on the men's stupidity and why they listen to their de facto leader.

Luckily, I am not as sore as I expected after another evening of exercise. I did the elliptical to warm up and then did lower body weight machines. If we make it tonight, it will be upper body weight machines. I noticed some slight discomfort in my right knee during the elliptical, so it obviously works some different leg muscles than the treadmill. I think I will move back to the treadmill for tonight's warm up. You younger folks reading this (isn't that most of you?), be sure to keep your legs in shape so you can maybe postpone these aches and pains.

Did I mention we are going to the Suns game on Saturday? Yes, a bunch of family members are going. It should be fun.

Did I mention that today's is the 101st International Women's Day? Well, that what today's Google Doodle shows. I imagine there are still a couple of women alive who were around for the very first one.

Did I mention that some of the family went to see the musical Wicked recently? They loved it, as I knew they would. We didn't go since we had already seen it and it is not cheap to attend these touring musicals.

I did not check off anything from my list yesterday, so I need to complete those tasks today. So, instead of telling you more anecdotes, I will end today's missive abruptly right now.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

We all (5) saw "Wicked" in NYC in December even though Connie and I had seen it in Austin. You are right about the cost. I can't think of too many things I would spend that kind of money on for 3 hours-ish.