Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Still Sniffling

Do not assume that you have an idea what today's title refers to. It could be me sniffling due to allergies. It could be a co-worker who was laid off last week still being upset. It could be our dog after he got a cactus spine in his nose. You don't know. Actually, it was the first one. Neither of the others happened. My point is, though, that you don't know for sure until I tell you. Fine. It really was obvious, right?

You also don't always know why management asks some of the questions that it asks.

You also don't know if we worked out last night at the Y. Yes, we did. In fact, my better half exercised both in the morning and the evening. She's turning into a gym rat. She does not dress like Jane Fonda or Olivia Newton John did in the 80s. Thankfully. No, I don't dress like them, either.

Each Monday, a blog-only book publishes a new chapter. I think it might be an interesting premise, but the author's spelling and grammar detract from my enjoyment. Plus, I don't know how far into the story we are (even after 22 chapters). Still, I will probably see it through. Here's an example.
Anna can sense that something is bothering Jane. “Are you sure? It seems like your holding back a little.”
See, 'your' instead of 'you're.' Aghh.

Anything else? I think the GRANDS are going to see a movie today. Probably Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.

Did you see the moon waxing gibbous this morning? I could not tell if it was wax on or wax off. Ha ha. A clever reference to a phrase from The Karate Kid movie from 1984.

Enough. You have been more than patient while I write things neither of us cares about. Let's stop pretending. We've both got things to do.

No comments: