Monday, March 19, 2012

GRANDS are GREAT

Well, the granddaughters are certainly growing up. Bella turned six on St. Patrick's Day (how about that? It happens on that celebration every year). And Kendall's fourth birthday was last December. And next month, Jack turns zero (well, OK, he will be born sometime in April. Wouldn't you say he is age zero?). Whoo hoo. GRANDS are GREAT.

I know that Spring is springing up all over, but we are feeling our last gasp of winter. The temp has dropped to only 59F today. We are getting our first rain since mid-December. In the mountains, we are getting 12-24" of snow. I'm glad. Hopefully, it will help control pollen and dust. And we will be getting plenty of higher temperatures too soon, anyway.

I will not tell you what book I am reading. Try to guess.Yeah, I really struggled at first while they introduced the characters. Now that the games are underway, I want to read to the end, even though it is one of those books with a fairly predictable outcome (I think. Maybe the author will surprise me).

Spring Break is over for schools on the east side of the Valley, and with the added challenge of some rain, I expected traffic to be much worse this morning. It was not too bad, at least at the time of morning that I come in.

We did not make it to the gym over the weekend. That means we really need to hit it again this afternoon. Right now, I am not enthusiastic about it, although I know I need to go. Well, it will be OK once I get going. Tonight is a lower body workout.

Right now, I am also not enthusiastic about getting started on work, but skipping that is not an option. I have two meetings this morning, so I need to get my materials prepared. I hope your weekend was pleasant. And today, too.

No comments: