Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post 1114

Post 1114 sounds like something from an American Legion (coincidentally founded by the son of President Teddy Roosevelt in 1919 although this has nothing to do with today's CoV nor anything else in this post). Actually, the title refers to the fact that this is my 1114th post in this blog.

Some of my previous posts have had to do with bagpipers and Scottish Games of years past. None have had a bagpiper in the Clarity of Vision comic...until today.

In some weird way, I do not really look forward to leading the Chorale during practice. Why is that weird? Because, once I get up there, I have a lot of fun and it is a nice challenge to correct mistakes I hear weekly without making it seem that the regular director is missing them. And I do have fun. Anyway, it went fine. I did make a couple of jokes at the director's expense.

Related to the first paragraph about American Legions, that is a group that supports veterans. Did you hear that Disney is planning to hire 1000 returning vets as part of their "Heroes Work Here" program? I think that is pretty cool.

You know what else is pretty cool? I am going to end this post early to free up some time for all of us. And I probably will not post tomorrow as I am taking a vacation day during Spring Break. I should be back on Friday, Lord willing and the crick don't rise.

No comments: