Monday, December 12, 2011

Red State, Blue State

It seems that a certain Red state can hold their heads up high while a certain Blue state is less enthusiastic. That's right. Let's walk over to the sports center. The AZ Cardinals won yesterday, but the Cowboys could not hold on. Alison's boyfriend should be happy since he is a Giants fan. The rest of us are mightily disappointed.

In the non-fiction category, I mentioned my memory exercises at lunch yesterday and it seems my niece already knows this technique. Does she use it? I can't remember. Ha ha. Get it? Anyway, she loaned me a book describing more details (reviewed here).

Before I forget, though, let's swing by the Clarity of Vision corner and see what's happening today.

Let's now move over to the music department. We had the first of our big orchestra holiday concerts last night. It went fairly well. We did have a couple of disconnects, but the audience couldn't tell. These are always fun events.

Under the heading of business, I see that there are two meetings lasting a total of 3-1/2 hours on the books for today. The first is a webinar on Agile teams, and the second is the weekly PMO (Project Management Office) management meeting. So, I need to prepare for the PMO meeting before (or maybe while) I listen to the webinar.

We now move over to the exit. Isn't it a lovely glowing green color? Reminds you of Christmas, right? OK, when you go out it, go buy me a present. See you Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, i heard the "sad" news of the cowboys....on the other side is another winning team-"cardinals" what? they have so many new people/helmet-heads that i just cant keep up with anyones name except skelton (who is the young q-back) if i am correct. not THE Red Skelton which is how i chose to remember a name as this + one of my brothers name is Sheldon. I must be getting old as i have to creat tricks in my peanut shaped brain to help me remember....without pats genius wit i dont have too many comebacks? finally put my tree up over the weekend, but dont feel up to putting up too much decor; at least i have lights & about 15 decorations on the tree. christmas party tonight along with a new member who is some sort of "rapper" dude? [see you tonight....will be there with my "88's]