Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Songs..Do They Send a Good Message? Let's Talk About It

There are Christmas songs ranging from Silent Night to Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. There are songs about Jesus, Santa, Bells, Ground Zero, Daddy getting drunk, Prison. My, my. What has Christmas become?

Well, take a look at these words and see what you think....

We had a Christmas pot luck at Chorale practice last night. I had already eaten, but who can pass up pot luck food. Not me. So, I had a little more.

The folks did not have any pot luck. They were with my sister, watching the fire department put out a kitchen fire at her house. It sounds as if it was not too bad, but a lot of smoke damage and a ruined oven. That is really lucky. I'm glad nobody was inside at the time. It sounds like her pets are OK, although one cat is still missing.

Leigh, I am enjoying Moonwalking with Einstein. It is even better than just a book about memory techniques because he is telling a story about using stories to remember things. So far, though, I haven't actually learned the techniques. It is fun, though. My boss has a DVD about remembering names that he is going to share with me (from remembermedia.com).

During this week and next, I am wearing Christmas ties. So, I have to wear my dress shirts that I haven't really worn since coming to this company. So, of course, everyone asks me (everyday!) where I am interviewing that day. OK, yes, I'd do it to them, too.

Well, I think I will mosey down to the break room and get a mug o' chocolate. No, don't wait. We can chat more in the morning.

No comments: