Friday, December 09, 2011

Get Your Weekend On!

It is almost time for the weekend. Even though we had the party last weekend, tomorrow is Kendall's birthday. She and her sister are staying with us tonight, so we'll for sure see her on her birthday. In fact, we've got to get them up early for soccer games.

Another thing about the weekend is I do not publish a CoV. I am sure that makes some of you sad. OK, maybe a few of you, then. Oh, come on, at least one of you must be sad about that. Today, though, there is a new Clarity of Vision comic.

My boss is teaching me a little from the recent memory improvement class he is taking. Yesterday, we talked about .... I can't remember. No, just messing with you. He told me about the palm tree list and how to attach memories to it so you can recall them later. For example, the first concept is a palm tree. It stands for one, it looks like a one standing there, and you can use it to remember your item one. For our test, the first item is mug, and I see myself throwing the mug against the tree and it shattering. The two concept is an electrical outlet. There are two sockets in it, two plugs in each socket. So, I imagined an electrical car jack plugged into it lifting a car. The second item to remember was indeed a car jack. His goal is that he and I can remember all 112 active projects, who runs each, and which program they align with. Whew! I am tired just explaining it.

I show three meetings on my calendar. Of course, I would remember that if I knew all the tricks, right? I need to go prepare for the first, which I lead. So, let's get our weekend on. Oh, by the way, I just remembered that item 9 on the list is the word intensity. How did we decide to remember that? Well, the nine concept is a kitten. Why? Nine lives. Anyway, we pictured a kitten, wearing little pink cat-sized boxers, walking around in the local prison known as tent city. Get it? The kitten is in tent city...intensity. OK, buh bye.

No comments: