Monday, December 05, 2011

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times

I will admit that I was torn on my loyalties during the Cowboys vs Cardinals football game yesterday. I had to cheer whenever a good play was made by either team. I was hoping Dallas would win because the win would do more for Big D in the playoffs, but I cannot be sad that AZ actually won one with their long-time injured quarterback playing again. And Garrett calling that final time out during regulation messed up his kicker's rhythm. Wow. It was a good game, though.

You know what Bailey could have used for his missed field goal? More power.

The East Valley Chorale performed its first Christmas concert of the season last night. I think it went pretty well. The church was packed (I would estimated 500-600 people). It was a cool, clear night. There wasn't a cloud in the ceiling. Our concert next Sunday is with the full orchestra, so that will be more special.

No, I don't have all my outside Christmas lights hung yet. Do you? I want to wrap the porch column in a garland and lights candy-cane style look. And I need to hang the lights across the front eaves. I'll get it done this week.

We had Kendall's Fourth Birthday party on Saturday. Wow, they grow up so fast, don't they? And it is even faster when they are not yours so that you don't actually see them daily.

We have not finished our Christmas shopping yet. How about you? And deciding what to get Dad is a challenge every year. Maybe a framed photo of me would be nice? No, I suppose he was a good boy this year, so that would be more like giving him coal in his stocking.

They sounds of a workday are beginning around me. The chime of computers booting up, the tap-tap-tap of keyboards clicking as people logon and start working, the gurgle of the coffee brewing in the breakroom, the talking of people catching up after a weekend. All of these draw my attention away from my daily salutations to you. So, I will give in and join in the workplace camaraderie. Until tomorrow, then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well to be honest i havent put my tree yet, nor do i have too much decor out to where it even looks like christmas...this year i am really late in doint this? but there are plenty of reasons emotionally i just dont feel up to it; as for the "frame" of yourself? well i think a 1000 pics of you in the DIGITAL-frame is just 999 too many...have you ever heard of the Mystery Dinner Games? they are like having a dinner theater live in your house & its like a kit: dinner, drama which begins narrative with a cd then your 6-8 people become the drama queens/drama kings! is really kind of fun (pat and i went to a few of these he was "sonnny bono" & once i was "liza minelli". you wear a costume which is just things around your house or in your closet...perhaps the cost? its between $20-$30 & can arrive in 10 days or so [hint, hint...] later,