Monday, November 21, 2011

Back From the North Pole

You read that correctly. We were magically transported to the North Pole on Saturday night by the North Pole Experience. We drove up that morning, toured Santa's Workshop that evening, met Santa, and had breakfast with him (well, he stopped by our table) again the next morning. They did a great job and it was a lot of fun. The girls helped in the workshop by customizing some bear dolls for disadvantaged kids. Photos will be coming soon.

There was a problem with the cabin we booked and they had to upgrade us to a different place. It was really nice and we had a good time. Bella and I played several games and I joined the adults for a game after the girls went to bed. I suppose we played 4-5 games out of the 30 or so I carried with us (you know, just in case).

On the way back, though, I sat in the third seat of the Expedition and started feeling poorly. In case it was car sickness, I took some Dramamine and made it home without incident (although Bella got a little sick, too). Then, I slept all afternoon and am still feeling totally wiped out.

Speaking of Dramamine and them getting a mention in today's Post, what if we started accepting Corporate sponsors for internal activities such as meetings? That is one of those things that make you go, "Hmmm."

What happened in the wide world of sports this weekend? Cowboys? Yeah. Cardinals. Boo. Sun Devils? Sorry.

Wow, it is not good to feel this tired first thing in the morning.

Can you believe it is already Thanksgiving week? Looking back, the year has flown by. And that means that Kendall's birthday is coming soon.

A cute aside: on the way back, we stopped at Jack in the Box for a meal. Bella chose it and said she did so because her new brother will be called Jack in the Box. Oh, did I not tell you they are going to name him Jack? I suspect that, thanks to Bella, that name may stick.

I need to get some work done before I fall asleep. And I need to get some info ready for an 11:30am meeting. We can visit more tomorrow.

No comments: