Friday, September 30, 2011

The End of a Kinda Short Week

Well, people, we've made it to Friday. Now, since I was at the Mayo Clinic Tuesday and Wednesday, it seems shorter to me, but I'll take it anyway. I gave you an overview of my results, but an exciting piece of news is that the medicine is definitely helping my cholesterol. The Total Cholesterol has dropped from 230 to 130, and the HDL went from something they could not measure to 40. I'll take it. The Doc said I am moving into a negative cholesterol situation where the HDL will help clean the LDL. He did say, however, that I will probably be on this medicine from now on. Meh. What's one more pill?

Today's CoV came to me while walking the dog last night.Yes, he did bark, and yes, it was dark, and those two ideas collided in my head and this is the result.

My buddy Pat leaves today for a 3-4 week FMLA to get her right knee replaced. Wow, I guess I'll take my sore knee over a replacement. BTW, my knee is better, but I tried to jog lightly last night and found it is not ready for that yet.

The AZ State Fair runs from 10/14-11/06. I remember that we always got a day off from school to attend the TX State Fair, and a bunch of friends would go and spend the day there. That's right. Without parents! Would anyone allow that nowadays? Probably not. That's a shame. I do think that the TX Fair provides more creative food choices. I see that the Best Taste Award for this year went to Buffalo Chicken in a Flapjack, and the Most Creative Award went to Fried Bubblegum. They also offer Deep Fried Texas Salsa, Deep Fried Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Fried Autumn Pie, and El Bananarito.

My calendar today is fairly open, so I hope to spend some time studying for the CAPM test next Tuesday. I did study a bit last night, but I am feeling a little nervous at how unprepared I feel.

So, let me knock out my items due today so I can study. Have a great weekend, my friends, and thanks for spending some time with me. Oh, hey, I added a couple of items to pinterest.com, so check 'em out.