Monday, September 12, 2011

Parenting is For the Young

As you can imagine, Kathie and I slept quite soundly last night after watching the GRANDS for the weekend. In fact, it is not over even now. We have them until tonight. Still, their energy can only sustain us for so long.

Oh, yesterday was Grandparent's Day? No wonder KLIK gave us a cookie that said "Happy Grandparent's Day" on it. I get it now.

I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow for my right knee. That thing is still bugging me. It is better, but let's have it checked to prevent damage in case it is something bad or preventable.

Hope you had a great weekend. We had a great one, although I had to watch waaay too much Spongebob Squarepants and not enough NFL. I did see much of the Cardinals game and the end of the Cowboys last night. Oops. I meant the end of the Cowboys game, not the end of the Cowboys... I hope.

I saw a couple of inspiring specials about 9-11 on TV yesterday. Of course, being the ten-year anniversary, it prompted even more reflection and remembrance. So, I put my own spin on it in today's CoV.

The director of our multi-church Chorale has asked that I become the spokesman for selling the CDs for the East Valley Chorale. I did so last night, and felt like I was on one of those PBS fund-raisers. I started off just like that, saying "Don't you wish this concert did not have to end? Well, we do have a solution for that." He should know that, if he wants a more serious, sober-minded pitchman, he asked the wrong guy.

Listen, I have unloaded enough on you for today. I need to get my work done and get home to help Kathie with the girls until K and L get back. Stay thirsty, my friends. (No, that quote does not mean I think I am the most interesting man in the world...although I may well be).

No comments: