Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Finally, Weather Cool Enough For A Surrey With the Fringe on Top

You remember that song, right? It is from the musical Oklahoma. Kyle and Alison were both in it during high school in Guadalajara, Mexico. I think I was in it during my college days. Yes, they had musicals back then. In high school, I was in Oliver! and The Music Man. Preacher Bro's wife was in the The Music Man with me. Hey, Kyle was in The Music Man when he was in high school, too.

But life is no musical. Oh no, my friends. We don't get to break into song as we walk down the street. Fights do not look like choreographed dances. Life is not even like Glee, where we decide to sing a popular song and suddenly, we have matching outfits and group dance moves. No, life is mean, dirty drama. Life is knees that suddenly start hurting one morning and you have to pay your copay to a doctor and take time away from work. Yeah, that's what life is.

Am I down on life? No, why do you ask? I was just contrasting the rosy simplicity of a musical against the gritty details of reality. I am actually quite a good mood today.

They are soon moving us to another (or maybe multiple) building(s). They are deciding now if colocating us with our customers is a good idea. What is colocating? Read this.

KLACK got back from Las Vegas last night. Yeah, Kyle, Lyndsay, Alison, Casey, Kelsey. They had a good time, but I don't think anyone made enough money to retire.

Oh, anyway, I forgot to explain the post title. Yeah, our average temperature drops below 100F by early next week. So, even though we may stay above it for a while longer, cool weather is coming (cool meaning down into the 90s). Yeah, baby.

Listen, I know you are tired of sitting and your attention is waning, so let's take 5. No, wait. I've got work stuff to do and my knee doctor appointment this afternoon. Let's take 24 and get back together tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

colocate? what this almost sounds like something in the "chocolate" category....yes, the temp is finally dropping below the trips; but-looks like i saw a glimpse of some days with the #100 on them? i am leaving just in time for the 100's to make the come-back as the 90's rolled in to trick us once again? it rained here last night enough to where i dont have to water all the plants; am putting a small fountain in the backyard where my prayer garden is....(which is where i spent the last 6 years with my quiet time) when pat had his heart-attack this came about... better go (chow!