Monday, October 03, 2011

Tomorrow is Coming Too Soon and Not Soon Enough

Yeah, tomorrow is my certification test. It seems, the more I study, the more nervous I get because there is so much I fear I will not remember. Are you any good at taking tests? I remember hardly sleeping the night before my SAT. I took it while on a family vacation in Santa Fe, NM. I must have done OK, though, because it gained me a scholarship my Freshman year at college. I lost it by my Sophomore year when they found out how much I really knew. And when I took my GMAT for graduate school, I overslept and had to run down the street to the testing location to get there on time. I took this one in Brownwood, TX. No scholarship on that one. Anyway, the test is 7:30am tomorrow, so a little prayer for a calm spirit wouldn't hurt.

If coworkers don't know your name, would that give you a calm spirit? I wonder how this guy feels?

What else? The weekend was mostly uneventful. In fact, I was studying during much of it. Oh, except, did I tell you I have been fighting yellow algae in my pool? I was going to a local pool shop for help, and the pool was still winning. So, Saturday, I drove a little farther and went to a pool supply run by Shasta, the company that built my pool. As of yesterday, at least I was seeing some blue color back in the water instead of the disgusting green of the past two weeks. Yeah.One thing they told me was to also leave my pool brushes in the pool during treatment or I could reinfect the pool with algae again. That makes sense, right?

Alison's car broke down yesterday, but luckily, she was at our house. So, we borrowed a car from the folks and have hers in the shop today. I hope it is not too expensive. No, I don't know what the problem is, but it sounds electrical. She would unlock the car and it would lock itself. She would be driving and it would die. Yesterday, it started, but no radio or A/C, and then she could not turn it off. Turning the key towards off would do nothing. I'll let you know what they say.

OK, I need to do a couple of things, and then, back to my final hours of studying. I may or may not post tomorrow since I will not be at work before my exam. Don't worry. I'll tell you how I did.

3 comments:

Knives and Cigars said...

Good luck on your test. The problems with your car do sound electrical. Hopefully nothing to serious.

Anonymous said...

hmmm the pool sounds like it has a "deathly-diseases"? the car: well.....i had mine in a month before pat passed away with the following problems---the blinkers went out, doors would not lock, radio went out along with the clock cost me a whopping $550 (then a month later the doors would not open electronically by my new battery being placed in the key alarm?) oh yes my car IS all electric...everything else works now accept the electronic opening of the doors; so taking apart the dash really costed the most of the labor if i remember correctly? Good luck on your test "brain-i-ac" you will probably ace it? [denise

Toyin O. said...

Praying you do well:)