Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cheer, Cheer for Old Turner High

That was how our high school fight song began. Why am I even thinking of it? My high school, R.L.Turner, in Carrollton, TX, made the national news yesterday. They want to start paying kids $100 if they pass certain AP tests. Hmm, I might have taken a test if it made me money. No, probably not. Plus, I would have had to pass, making it even more challenging for me.

Also, yesterday, I had a doctor tell me that I am just getting old. Well, those weren't his exact words. No, he said, "It nothing unusual for someone your age." Ouch. It seems I simply have Patellar Tendonitis in my right knee. I need to take some prescription anti-inflammatory for 10 days, then start an exercise program. Maybe I should learn how to swim in a lake. Hey, anybody in the family know how to do that?

I suppose I shouldn't inflict my baggage on you. No, I will share it with everyone through my comic strip.

You know, there is good and bad with the new fall TV season starting this week. Good because there are some shows starting that I like, such as Survivor tonight. Bad because there are so many shows I like. Anyway, the Survivor premiere also kicks off the WaSP. The Walker Survivor Party. Pizza, anyone?

OK, let's get today over with so we can get to tonight and see Coach on Survivor. Yes, the Dragon Slayer is back. Well, he says he will the "The Zenslayer" this time. Will he win like Rob last year? I think not.

OK, I've said too much. I haven't said enough. Wow, R.E.M. lyrics this early in the morning. Y'all leave so I can get my mind into work.

No comments: