Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Living the Dream

Did you hear that University of Phoenix laid off 700 people on Monday? Luckily, nothing impacted our group. True, we are part of the parent company, but in today's economy, you never know what's around the next bend. So, I am still here, living the dream.

I can tell I am living the dream because I still have a cubicle. Gweeeg, today's CoV has nothing to do with you...that I know of.
Only one meeting today. That's nice. So, I can do some catch-up on emails. And I need to start generating some project metrics for November.

We have Chorale concerts each of the next three Sundays. I hope my voice is fully recovered by then. The last two are with the orchestra, so I look forward to that. Of course, it is even easier to strain your voice when you feel as if you must out-sing the orchestra.

Are you recovered from Thanksgiving yet? All the food? All the time off from work? I think I am.

For some reason, my creativity is still asleep today, so I will end this rather than embarrass both of us. Thanks for coming by. I am sure we'll see each other again soon.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

What's wrong with those orchestra people? Why can't they just stick to playing their instruments instead of turning a pleasant evening into a singing contest?