Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Pre-Vacation Friday

I will be taking a few vacation days early next week, so don't expect any updates. Sure I deserve it. I worked, like, three hours on Tuesday. Maybe it was, like, two hours on Tuesday and one hour on Wednesday. The point is, I deserve a break today. Suddenly, I am craving McDonald's. I wonder why?

Does Congress and the President have a clear vision of what they want to accomplish before the end of the year? There was some discussion on that on the radio yesterday, and it led me to this.
We had our first annual pot luck for our department yesterday. A good time was had by all. No, I don't really know that, but I don't get too many opportunities to use that phrase.

As you can tell, I have no idea what I am going to write when I sit down to the blog each morning. Just like, I often do not know what I will put into Clarity of Vision until the morning I create it. Sometimes, I have some ideas in mind, but I don't know where that will take me until I am making the comic. For instance, one of the things in my idea log is "nicknames." That's all I wrote down. So, some day, an extension of that idea may occur to me and I will just start writing. And other times, I might start a CoV, but not come up with clever finish, so I will just put that one on hold. I did that with a "white elephant" comic strip I started yesterday, but don't have a nice ending twist for it yet.

Earlier this week, I was drinking some hot spiced tea that Mom made. It helped soothe my tickly throat. It is gone now. I do have some of her hot chocolate mix at home, but Kathie has been drinking it occasionally, so I will leave it at home.

Molly came by for a visit last night. I think it will be an interesting time when she stays with me over the weekend. I guess I will have to let Morris establish his dominance before both can calm down.

Anything else? Nope, the idea well just ran dry. Rather than bore both of us by writing drivel (assuming it is not always drivel, right?), I will call it a day. Actually, I will just call it a morning since the day is still in front of me. You can call it whatever you want. Let's visit again mid-week next week, OK?

2 comments:

SuzieQ said...

Is the hot spiced tea or the tickly throat gone? Can you write about that cloud I drove to work in this morning?

Keith said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Randy!
Happy Birthday to you!


I'm sure you wouldn't want to publicly announce your 57th birthday, so I won't mention when you were born. Trust you are having a happy birthday.

In kindly and familial love,
Preacher Bro