Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa, I Want to Be Over This Nagging Cough...

Did I mention that I have had a cough for the last few weeks? Yeah, it is still hanging around, but is certainly better since I got some meds. However, I hope I am completely well by Sunday so I can sing in the final Chorale concert of the year. And I want to be well in time for Christmas brunches and presents.

Speaking of Christmas wishes, here's a work-related one.
We had a pot-luck last night at Chorale practice. I was very careful so I would not jeopardize my (hopefully) lowering cholesterol. Actually, I ate beforehand so I could avoid the temptation. There are also pot-lucks at work Thursday and Friday. I will need to make an appearance at the Thursday one since it is only our team (40 or so of us). New update: I got an email this morning asking if I can bring a green bean casserole. I am now sure I will go to the pot-luck. And our department has a pizza party today, although I'll be getting an EKG during it. Oh well, I don't need it.

I was dangerously close to bidding on a computer in Ebay last night. I was a souped-up Mac Pro that sold in late 2008 for $4000 and was going for around $1500. Luckily, I am not a high-enough rated buyer in Ebay to bid on this item. I did capture the seller's ID to watch in the future.

Did you like the comic yesterday based on a conversation with Kendall? She certainly caught me off-guard with the comment about "It's not a witch princess." Don't kids say the darndest things?

We watched the (probably) final The Good Guys last night. Too bad. I really thought it was a great show. Why doesn't Nielsen contact us to be part of their team? Maybe because everything we watch is delayed using the DVR? Maybe because we no longer represent the coveted 18-49 age range? I saw that American Idol was the top-rated show for the last 6 seasons, beating any show from previous years as far as viewers. The Cosby Chow and All In The Family each won 5 seasons.

Thanks to my co-TV-watching-announcers for the recent investigation into Charlie Brown Christmas specials. Check out the blog comments for specifics.

Today's calendar (Stupidest Things Ever Said) entry is "And that's a can of worms out of the bottle." Commentator on Radio 5 Live (UK). Last Sunday was "Other than being castrated, things have gone quite well for Funny Cide." ESPN Sports analyst Kenny Mayne, on the horse Funny Cide.

We are finally heading towards winter temperatures. We drop 10 degrees tomorrow and will only be about 64F. And there is a chance of rain.

It looks like y'all are getting restless to move on today. That's OK. No hard feelings. I'll see you again tomorrow, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i guess when we/YOU are past the age of 49 YOU are considered old....i will be there next year as i plan on hiding from cassandra who wants to have a so called "50" party; we watched the "good wife" tuesday; wednesday-the "criminal minds" in between the "sing-off" in between the "suns game" in between the game of "stoudemaire show"....so my eyes were going crazy/attitude was rising as the remote was not in my reach of course....should of said "go ahead pat, reach for the remote" but i was nice this time because he listening as i am actually watching, big difference you know!! oh to be a rebel? better yet a pirate to steal the remote while he gets up for a soda...nah!!days of pirate are soon coming to an end (PTL)