Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last Wed of 2010

We have made it to the final Wednesday of the year. Soon, we'll all have to remember to write 2011 on checks. Oh wait. Does anybody still write checks? Actually, we still do. I think Ali does not. I am not sure about KLIK.

And the end of the year also signals the need to begin gathering tax data for our annual return. And be sure and spend the rest of your tax-free health spending accounts. Go get glasses or something. You probably have a cold right now, so you could go to the Dr. one more time and cover the co-pay with that account.

I never did remember to look up the All You Need is Elves parody of the Beatles song All You Need is Love. Did you? Did I even ask you to? Probably not, and I don't want to take the time to look back through previous posts.

The GRANDS spent the night last night. They were very well behaved, but Kendall was already up this morning when I left home at 6am. Usually, it is Isabella that is the early bird.

I know that I mentioned before that we did not travel this Christmas. That does not stop me from taking pot shots at the TSA, though.

Yesterday's calendar entry included this line from an actual resume: As indicted, I have over five years of analyzing investments. This one, too: Through my career experiences, I have become inept in communication skills.

A couple of weeks ago, an older couple sang the offertory song (if I think they are an older couple, they must be really old, huh?). Anyway, I mention that because their voices were obviously trained, but not quite as confident as they probably were in younger days. Still, they sang to the Glory of God. It reminded me that, even though my voice is not what it was (primarily due to the acid reflux, I think), I can still join in a choir and praise the Lord. For that, I am thankful.

I still have not heard back from the dude selling the computer. Hey, dude, what's up?

OK, I am down to (probably) one more post in 2010. That means (certainly) one more CoV. I don't know what it will be, but I can predict it will (Clever? Not necessarily. Funny? Almost certainly not. Hilarious? It would be the first like that. Let's just say) available.

Thanks for being patient and reading this far. Let's visit tomorrow to say goodbye to 2010, OK?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i too use the paper rectangle shaped requirement of your signature, your money to be taken out of your bank...i also use the post office to mail all my bills, you know the post office is in trouble along with medicare it sounds like; well these are the 2-lifelines to keep us floating above water (now we are treading water)everything has gone up except the amount on our end to pay for it all. am debating of going back to work due to all of this...wont be good for pat as he cant function too well by himself. am praying to make a big decision with Gods help to tell me what to do, already have a full time position to take care of him & whatever other things are thrown in my path along the way...