Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wow, It Is Cold Here

Whew! I had to wear long sleeves and a jacket today. Sure, I could have worn a shirt, too, but the long sleeves keep my arms warm. OK, fine. I do have on a shirt. Anyway, it was right at freezing when I left the house this morning. That is just wrong for PHX. It should top out at 60F later today.

Have you been reading about this mess with US classified documents and wikileaks.com? Yeah, I do have an opinion. No, college roomie, the names used in the comic strip are fictional. Only the situations are real.
Will I be able to sing at Chorale practice tonight? I wonder that, too. We shall see. And we have a concert Sunday. Where? I wonder that, too. We shall see.

I overslept today and had to drive through normal rush hour traffic. How do they do it? Sure, I do face it on my return afternoon commute, but today, it will be both morning and evening.

Have y'all ever heard of quibids.com? It looks interesting. They have one-cent and two-cent auctions. That's right. The bidding can only progress to the next penny or two at a time. And you have to buy the right to bid at sixty cents each. So a MacBook Pro sold for around $69 yesterday. That means there were over 6,900 bids, at sixty cents each, so the company made over $4100 for a $1600 computer. That is a genius business model, right?

Since I am running late, I already need to prepare for the 8:30am meeting. I'll try to get up when the alarm goes off tomorrow, OK? Since I am late today, you can sleep in a bit, too. I'll meet you here tomorrow with coffee for both of us.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

This is not quite the immortality I'm shooting for, but it's a start.