Thursday, December 09, 2010

Second Attempt

I wrote a different CoV for today, but a colleague decided it was too edgy, so it was back to the drawing board. OK, fine, I don't actually draw the comic strip, so maybe I went back to the keyboard. Anyway, here is where I ended up. Who decided why we use "good hour" to mean that something takes quite a while?
Since I wrote two different comics today, I am a bit behind schedule. Today is not the day for that since I have the usual 8:30am meeting. So, let's get our visit underway.

Kathie made me sleep on the couch last night. Too much information? Fine. Actually, she did not make me. I chose to do it. Still TMI? Did I mention I have this nagging cough? It becomes worse at night, and I could not sleep, and I was keeping Kathie awake, and I did not want to bother her, and I can rest in a more upright position on the couch, and I cannot think of anymore "and I" phrases right now so I will end this sentence. Anyway, I stayed in there all night because I was either sleeping a bit or awake coughing, so I did not find an opportunity to return to bed. I will call the Doc right after the conference call.

We went to see Bella in a kid's choir at church last night. They were great. And some of them actually sang some of the words. We are lucky to live close to them.

Did I mention that I have this cough...?

I have been wearing my Christmas ties each day, providing coworkers with endless opportunities to tease me about job interviews, sucking up to management, etc. True, I would tease them, too, so it is only fair. Anyway, I only have a couple of weeks a year when I can wear them, so I take advantage of it.

Speaking of cough (I mentioned that, right?), I am not at all sure I will be able to sing Sunday night. I guess I had better drop the conductor a note asking if he wants me to join them and act like I am singing or just sit out so my cough does not intrude.

I suppose I should cough up some slides for the meeting (clever way to mention my cough and the meeting in the same sentence, huh?). So, that is code for "see you tomorrow if this stinking cough hasn't killed me yet." As you can imagine, my tummy muscles are tired from coughing all night. Come on, Doc. Open. Open.

Buh-dee-yah. Buh-dee-yah. That's All, Folks.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Isn't it "Buh-dih, buh-dih"?

Lindsay Ward said...

Hey CrazyUncle...I need Alison's address please :)

Anonymous said...

sound like a diagnosis of "bronchitus" with the cough and all. these are the symptoms: sleepin/sitting up on the couch or sofa, pain in the lung area due to coughing, VVD (AKA: voice-volume-disease), can no longer sing your voice part which causes you to sing a lower range,tunnel ear-everything is harder to hear especially with your own voice. perhaps its a respiratory infection? or maybe the christmas ties are giving you an allergic reaction? well, have to get to my cookie baking soon...