Tuesday, December 07, 2010

I Have a Nagging ...

Of course, you completed the title with cough, right? Good, because that is exactly what I meant. It just will not go away. And it plays havoc with trying to sing.

Speaking of medical things, I had my consult with a cardiologist yesterday. They checked my blood pressure three different ways because they said the left arm is a stronger pressure, then the right is a bit lower, and laying down is another different pressure. Then we did a resting EKG. Now, I need to schedule a photo shoot of my heart ("OK, now turn to the left. Nice. OK, lower your ventricle a bit so we don't get glare. Perfect. Why don't we unbutton that aorta a bit. Yeah. Are you feeling it? Smile."), some kind of 30-min EKG, a treadmill stress test, and another blood test. If I am doing all of this with no known problems, I definitely do not look forward to all the things they might do if I did.

Did you see the comments on yesterday's post? This is my response to a challenge from Preacher Bro.

Whew! I just had a coughing fit. I don't think I would call it a conniption since it was involuntary, but it did disable me for a minute. Somehow, I remember discussing conniption fits yesterday. There's a phrase you don't hear that often in AZ.

I stopped by Goodwill last night and found a couple of books about lowering cholesterol. I'd really like to do this without medication, if possible. And we took the dog for a walk, even though I have this nagging cough. Did I mention my cough and its nagginess?

Sometimes, I wonder why my mind wanders the way it does. Just now, it wandered from cough, which made me think of singing, which made me think of The Sing-Off last night on TV. Did you watch it? I have liked The Whiffenpoofs from Yale for years. They advanced to the next round. However, there was a jazz-sounding group that I think is really good. It is on again on Wednesday if you want to watch it. It is only five shows, so it does not require a long-term commitment. And they will be in Las Vegas March 4-7.

As seems to happen so often, fun time has run out and work time intrudes. I will leave you with this thought:

No, I've got nothing. Check back tomorrow and see if I found a clever rejoinder. Excuse me, please, because my cough is nagging. Did I mention my cough...?

3 comments:

Keith said...

I hope you didn't create this CoV simply because you felt I was nagging... I would hate to be in competition with your cough.
Thanks for the cartoon, though. At least I found it humorous!
I pray your cough gets better.

...meaning "goes away", not "becomes a better cough."

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, you must have the wrong health plan randy? sounds like you stepped into the wrong room, rumor is: "yea, he was number 11 in the line up!" (CSI room). I think there is a new movie called the "cholesterol/cougher" which comes out in the $ theaters(which we go whenever there is something worth listenting to) i can now say i can watch the movie...even though i have to narrate to pat the entire time if its a dark scene/subtitles are the worst. my favorite candy is the red/white taffy things with green trees in the middle (peppermint flavor) stay off the cough syrup, its making your mind wonder too much, are you addicted? are you driving?dont walk the line.....

Zachary said...

I loved that one, Dad has a tie like that (my dad, not yours). I wore my dad's tie like that last Christmas, but enjoyed no such shenanigans! Too Bad!