Monday, December 13, 2010

Way Late or Waylaid?

I am somehow running way late this morning. I was waylaid with a requirements problem by another team member who arrived before me this morning. I was #3 into the building today instead of my usual #2. He just left my desk, so I will get today's post completed and get with him for our next steps.

Our Chorale Christmas concert went very well last night. I was able to sing about 20%20-25% of it. So, it seems the antibiotics prescribed last Thursday are doing their job. I should be ready for the final concert next Sunday. Kathie attended and said we sounded good, even on the a capella number.

Hmm. I am trying to control my cholesterol and this week, we have a pizza party and two potlucks at work, and a Chorale party Tuesday night. I have an electro-cardiogram on Wednesday and need to schedule some other heart monitor before 1/3/11.

Even with all of that going on, though, I still have a Clarity of Vision to share.

One of the take-aways from yesterday's sermon was wondering about those families who lost their sons when Herod had all the baby boys killed. Yes, the focus of the story is about the birth of the Savior of all mankind, but in the short-term, which of us would like to lose a child? I hope that, somehow, God gave them extra comfort and helped them keep their righteousness and trust Him during their grieving.

I am now on day 6 of my daily Christmas tie period. I am fairly certain I have at least 10 so I can make it two weeks. No, I do not have a Christmas sweater, and at 80F today, I would not want to wear one anyway.

Do you remember the little girl in the Peanuts cartoons that always carried around her cat? It was always draped over her arm as if it had no bones? Well, I think that is how Molly will end up. Bella loves to carry her around, and she seems content to allow it. That is one cute little puppy. Then, when we return home, Morris has to smell us to see who we visited.

I reckon I will mosey over to Mr. Dude's desk and see where we are on our problem. Thanks for listening. Y'all are good therapy. I'll be laying on the couch waiting on you in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well our fee for the therapy sessions?
so in other-words, we had a ventriloquist in the chorale concert sunday nite...the coughing spell was me ( it got a little warm up their for a few minutes under the lights) with the lights bright it helped me to see better. pat also like the acapella piece, and was trying to guess all of the secret locations where the different instruments were being played...kudos to the men this year! he said they were strong/loud compared to last year.