Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Voting For Your Beliefs? Or Theirs?

I spoke to the security guard on the way in this morning. He said that he no longer votes because "it doesn't make a difference anyway." He is a believer, so I asked how he reconciles his attitude about voting with the chance to get same-thinking people into offices. He suggested that God appoints the governments anyway. Well, we did vote, although we sent ours via mail last week. I reviewed one of those questionnaires that faith-based groups send candidates to help with some of the races. No, I did not vote for all of those judges. I don't know enough to differentiate one from the other.

Of course, I felt compelled to offer a vote-themed CoV today.

I found an email from the company this morning saying no personal pictures or music is allowed on company resources and please remove them. I suppose that allowing everyone to save some would add up to a lot of storage usage and maybe some CPU cycles, but I display my photos as my computer screen saver. I guess I'll just display the company-branded screen saver. What a drag. I'd better show you one of the shots before I remove them. Here is Delores City Park that we stopped at during our return to the Valley a couple of weeks ago.

Two meetings today. I am only going to attend one, though. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I am ducking out before the second occurs. What kind of choice is that? Staying in the office but attending a meeting or getting to leave early but having to go to the doc's? It feels a question in the Would You Rather? game.

We only have one cupcake left. That's good because I don't need to eat so many cupcakes, but it's bad because there is only one left.

If the company were a voter, I hope they would keep me in office. I want to keep it that way, so I am going to do some work now. You can stay or go vote before the polls close. Stop by again tomorrow if you can.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

A job is a job, but that is the kind of c**p that makes working for a small company so attractive; there's no time to fool with silly minutiae. Now that we are owned by H-P (since April) we other kinds of c**p, but the principle is the same.

Anonymous said...

maybe choice words could be: "incoherent" or " inother words, my vote is no", inconsistant, thats a great description,intrusive,inappropriate
invisible: "we the people";intelligence: do they have this? intangible,inconceivable...just to name a few "in-words". think its pretty descriptive of the world of politics & yes i voted along with the blind man and was the 1-eyed pirate again...odd most of my votes were easy just draw a line on no; pat had 2 puppets behind him reading each category..i was next to him secretly copying his work! not really though...