Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You Gotta Have Faith

I had my annual followup with the doctor who operated on my and, Praise the Lord, I am still cancer free. However, they were concerned with another number and asked that I come back in two weeks. So, I went back yesterday and a retest cleared up this concern. So, I do not need to go back until next October. That is great news.

That is not all of the faith messages I have for you today. OK, maybe it is, but I do have one more thing that uses the word "faith."

Another of my calendar entries:
Customer: YOU MADE MY BURGER WRONG! YOU PUT TOMATO ON IT! I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO TOMATO!
Wendy's counter clerk: I am sorry, sir. I'll make another burger for you and give you your money back. What would you like on your burger?
Customer: Just mustard and ketchup.

And the final one for today:
Justin Timberlake: I don't like singers who sing so you can hear them sing.

Today, I have another doctor's appointment. I will have this stinking cold looked at, and have cholesterol and whatever else checked while I am there. One time, I went in and had blood drawn for a test, and the nurse (actually, the Doc's wife) forgot to send mine in. I need to remind her about that today. These tests also mean that I cannot eat anything until after my appointment. Whaa! I'm hungry.

We are going to help at St. Mary's food bank on Friday, so I hope I am feeling stronger by then. After that, we are going to Mi Patio for happy hour. Free food and non-alcoholic drinks. Hey, I've got to pay for my own booze? What a cheap company.

Speaking of companies paying for things, did your cost of insurance go up for next year? Mine is almost doubling the cost per paycheck. And that is for me only. Kathie is covered through her work.

Listen, just ignore all these used tissues piling up in my cubicle. My trash can is full. Hey, nobody is forcing you to stay here, you know. Just go away and come back tomorrow then. Fine. I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

That is one (the last one) that I need to remember to use at work!