Monday, November 29, 2010

A New Week Dawns

Well, it is not quite dawn here yet, but I have reason to suspect is will occur at some point. Whew, it is cold here in the PHX area. We will not even reach 60F today or tomorrow. I had to wear a jacket.

I had to wear one on Saturday night when we made our annual trek to ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo. I think this was one of the best in many years. They are using the new, bright LED lights on the trees. The dancing lights section has a new addition of two rectangular light sections to add to the synchronized tree lights. And the weather was pleasantly nippy (well, I don't think the zoo arranged that). You should go if you can. Buy the discounted tickets from Fry's before you go.

We have begun to work on getting our house decorated for Christmas. Kathie is farther along than I am. I do have the tree sections laying in the living room, but not yet connected. She has stored away the Thanksgiving stuff and laid out a number of decorations in the den and kitchen. Have any of you finished your decorating yet?

This cold I have is quite stubborn. I will not go away, especially a nagging cough that always gets worse at bedtime. Don't you hate that? I imagine your spouse hates it even more.

Did you travel over the weekend? We stayed put, but I know some of you were at least on the road, and some may have flown. Luckily for you, the threatened slowdown to protest the new security measures did not pan out. Still, even the threat of avoiding the backscatter machines was enough to drive today's CoV.

The East Valley Chorale has its first Christmas concert this coming Sunday. No orchestra for this one, but these are always a little more exciting than regular concerts during the year. No, I do not know where it is. I hope my voice is ready. In fact, I hope I can at least sing during practice tomorrow night.

We are scouring our photos for a good Christmas card. Nothing yet, but stay tuned. I almost said you should wait with bated breath, but that always stinks.

Look, we can deny it all we want, but our employers expect some output for the pay they provide. So, let's give them a good day's effort and chat more in the morning. Stay warm and drop by again. See you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well my thanksgiving decor is neatly put away, the wreaths are outside which is far as i got;need to hire some elves to come finish up the job here! all of the fam was here (moms memories were just here this year) did the black friday with cassandra & kylee with my green money from my sister to get some early shopping done...am practicing the chorale piece, even though i may never get to play it, will pray that i get the chance! only 2 more days until i see the neurologist for my eye. well have to continue on with the traveling thru cyber space of the few emails to read....on dasher,dancer,prancer & vixet...the others just follow their lead!