Friday, November 05, 2010

The Weekend Has Arrived

Well, actually, the final workday of the week has arrived. Do you think the weekend starts at the end of the workday or not until you wake up on Saturday? For me, it starts following the afternoon commute. Since that is just a few hours away, and you may not even read this until the end of your day, I say "The weekend has arrived!"

Today's CoV comes from my ideas file. I listened for a fresh, perhaps topical, idea last night and this morning, but nothing came. Yesterday's came to me during the night while letting the dog out. I was not so creative this morning. Still, I am a word guy, so I chose this idea because I heard someone misuse the word weary. Do you have any commonly misused words on which I could buid a cartoon?

The boss is off today. Does that mean I get to play all day? No, unfortunately, it kind of means the opposite. I do not have to attend meetings for him, but he does refer work calls to me, and I need to get stuff ready for him on Monday.

We are hoping to see The Social Network this weekend. And maybe we can make it to our Saturday morning brunch. And I need to work on a photo book so I can take advantage of a 20% off coupon. Hey, talk to the hand. I'm busy.

I need to finish a couple of things so I can start my weekend. Don't you have something you need to be doing, also? OK, let's both go and we'll get together again next week. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

I highly recommend "The Social Network". Here's my review:

It was very good. Jesse Eisenburg did a *great* job as Zuckerburg. I guess I was so impressed because over the course of my code-writing career I've worked with a few guys who had bits of that self-absorbed extreme talent and ability to see what few others see. There was nothing contrived or unbelievable about the character he portrayed.

The script was excellent. Don't kid yourself. This movie was not about Facebook. It was about the human heart. It could just as easily have been about the railroad or oil barons of a bygone era.

There was one really annoying thing about this film and it presented itself from the opening scene (a riveting piece of dialog set in a bar): the background soundtrack (music, party noises, etc.) consistently stepped on the dialog. I told a friend this and he said he had heard the same complaint from others. It hurt a film that was otherwise very well done.

Craig Weeks said...

One other thing. Justin Timberlake was outstanding as the founder of Napster. I think he has an acting career ahead of him.