Wednesday, November 03, 2010

One of My Favorite Movies, Fer Sure

We will start with today's Clarity of Vision cartoon because that is what the title of the post refers to. The craziness of the two Airplane! movies and the clever use of non-sequiturs has always captivated me.

Hopefully, all the political advertisements will be off the air now that the election is over. I do know that not all races or proposals are determined yet, but please, kill the negative attack ads.

It turns out Dad did not need his computer for church choir this week, so I still have it. Whoo hoo. So Kathie was able to check out my blog last night. Hmm. I don't think she laughed. I'll have to ask about that.

I do not have any work meetings on my calendar today. well, none scheduled as of right now. Who knows what the day holds?

OK, so here's my dilemma. We have not been able to get our project tracking system modified. That means there are a couple of metrics we cannot provide the VP. However, there are two fields that we do not use at all in the tool. I could ask the PMs to enter the scheduled Go-Live date in the Risks Summary field and the actual system Go-Live date in the Other Business Objective field. Messy? Of course, but it would give me the data to track how well we meet those dates. Then, when we actually add those two date fields into the tool, we can move them from the temporary fields to the dedicated ones. What do y'all think? Is it better to not have them available? We had 11 projects close in October and were not able to capture that data in the tool.

Did you notice that I snuck a work problem into a personal blog? I'm a sneaky dude like that. It does mean, though, that I am already thinking work today. I suppose I will make it official and finish this post so I can dedicate my time to work issues. You weren't really paying attention anyway. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Fuggedaboudit (the tracking system). Just MBWA. :)