Monday, November 15, 2010

The Promised Black and White Photo is Here

You know what? I had this photo ready to use on Friday, but I forgot to start from the draft that had the picture until too late. So, here is a shot at Fairyland in Bryce Canyon, UT.Nice hoodoos, huh? That is what the formations are called.

You are probably wondering who do my drawings for me because they are so lifelike? Amazingly enough, they are stock figures within Microsoft Visio. They are not hand drawn! Will wonders never cease? Let's go ahead and take a look at today's comic strip. Almost photo-realistic, isn't it?

We had a great visit with the girls Friday night. Everyone, even me, on our best behavior. Then, on Saturday, we went together to see Megamind and everyone really enjoyed it. Finally, over to Nello's Pizza for dinner. Whew! Sunday was a day of rest.

I think I am trying to catch a cold. It should not be the flu since I had a flu shot. No, it's not because I do not have a fever. Just drainage and a cough. You want to hear more symptoms? I've got them, baby! I've got them.

The holiday season is fast approaching. Have we started with Christmas presents yet? Actually, I don't know. I haven't, but that doesn't mean we haven't. And the temps are cooling off, so it seems winter is near. Our highest temperature of this week is forecast to be only 79F.

Has anyone heard of Yammer? It is a Facebook-like app that the company is rolling out inside of our firewall. Why? I am not sure, since we can already use MS Communicator if we need to reach a particular person. I do see that someone posted that we can see our paychecks online in the new HR app. so this tool does let us have a larger group discussion on things and make org-wide announcements (assuming you are logged into Yammer.

Are you ready to get to work? Yeah, me neither.

Only 2-3 more episodes of The Good Guys. Are y'all watching? I really like it and will be sad when they air the final episode on Dec. 10. Kendall's birthday. Not that it being her birthday affects the TV program at all, nor is that the cause of my sadness. Oh, never mind.

Ready for work yet?

I only have two meetings today. That's good. I am not the leader in either of them. That's also good.

Friday's desktop calendar:
Newlywed Game host Bob Eubanks: How long will your husband say his inseam is?
Woman: Seven inches.

Earlier calendar entry:
Attorney: You said you went to Galveston in 1920, yet your first job you told me about was in 1946. What did you do between 1920 and 1946?
Witness: Well, I didn't go to work as soon as I got there.

Another:
UK Headline: Crematorium Plans Put on Back Burner.

And our final calendar entry for today:
Family Feud Host: Now for the win. Name something associated with Niagara Falls.
Contestant: I hope this is right. Utah. The state of Utah.

No more excuses, guys. We need to get to work. Grab your lunch bags and let's go. We can lollygag again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Wow! Get a load of those hoodoos!

Craig Weeks said...

Bob Eubanks makes me think of lazy summer afternoons in the waning days of my of elementary school experience. Yeah, I was pretty much unsupervised for several hours a day.

Keith said...

I just love the way we husbands can use the word we when it comes to things like Christmas shopping!
Great picture by the way!