Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Toons Day

We have Chorale practice tonight. We are adding more and more Christmas music to the mix, although we do have a number of concerts before then that require secular pieces. Speaking of secular vs religious music, I am linked to a friend that knows the famous anthem arranger and composer Mark Hayes. That's pretty cool.

I do enjoy playing Wii, although I am better at pinball than Lego Indiana Jones or any sports-themed game. I don't play that much, though. Here is a guy that might play more than me.

I had to give a training course to our team yesterday. Management reviewed the deck Friday and gave me some changes. They figured I could get them done in one hour. Firstly, I had already spent almost 6 hours generating the Powerpoint slide deck. Then, it is easy to say "Add a screenshot here" or "Add more definitions at the beginning of the presentation." Getting everything done is not as straightforward and it took me another 3 hours to reorganize the deck to meet their expectations. Then, I had to corral myself in the presentation to be sure it was professional. Only a couple of clever remarks came out. Whew.

I have a friend whose husband had been told he was losing his job, but they have reversed their decision. It is so easy to get caught up in day-to-day life that we forget to praise God for answered prayer. She also made a statement about the job that I almost opened today's blog post with, but decided it could be twisted into CoV fodder. Maybe we'll see it tomorrow.

Sorry, Lindsay. No Facebook comments yesterday. Sure, you coaxed at least one out of me, but I prefer to do my interaction via Blogger.

My car is starting to feel its age. It shakes when I travel between 50 and 70 MPH. It's like I am doing the Shaky Grandpa dance that Kendall invented. I suspect shocks, since I have never replaced them and it is a 1997 model. I hope it does not come down to a decision between Disneyland at Christmas and fixing my car.

Well, I need to get back to my Mickey Mouse job. (Did you see how I transitioned using the Disney theme from the last paragraph into closing remarks in this paragraph? How do I keep coming up with these things?) So, 'C' you real soon. 'Y', because I like you. (Amazing! A second Disney reference in as many sentences. They should bottle me up and sell me).

4 comments:

The Grandparents said...

I still have to correct him once in a while. He didn't mean secular music, he meant non-Christmas.

Craig Weeks said...

I'm glad you have a job. I'm sorry the corporate environment results in you hiding your light under a bushel. They don't know what they're missing. They'd probably miss it anyway.

Brenda Walker said...

Disneyland or the car getting fixed would be a tough call. But once again I vote for Disneyland and I don't even have to tell you that it would be much more fun than spending money on the car!
And my alphabet art the lines were drawn onto a piece of board that is 31x31

Zachary said...

That is inches, in case you were suspecting some other form of measurement. (mm - great zoom) (miles - huge house!)