Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Am At Work

I am sure you are thinking, "Well, of course you are at work. It is Tuesday." You probably do not remember that I was scheduled for jury duty today. I forgot about it last night and did not call in. Somehow, as the alarm went off, I suddenly remembered I was scheduled and called to check if they needed me. No, they did not. Whoo Hoo. I've just got too much to do today. I got nothing done yesterday because I had 6 hours of meetings.

In one of the meetings, a guy suggested that we need a way to disable a user. My mind took off from that statement and came up with this.

Hey, have y'all ever tried one of those apple pears? I like them. We picked some up at Costco recently. What's next? A banana mango? We could call it a bango. That sounds cooler than a manana.

Amazingly, I have nothing to say today. No weird tangents upon which we can travel together. Nothing noteworthy occurred last night about which you need to be updated. So I am going to wrap this up early. Usually, I am still writing this for another 10 minutes. So, invest the time we saved wisely and make a difference. Maybe I'll be more loquacious tomorrow. In fact, maybe you'll look up that word to see what I just said. See you then.

5 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Well, you could have spent a line or two fawning over my recent contributions in the comments section.

The Grandparents said...

I had a loquacious for breakfast once. Tasted kinda like a bango.

Keith said...

Readers, our dad had what may have been a mild heart attack yesterday and is undergoing an angiogram today. Please be in prayer for Dad and Mom. Thanks.

Zachary said...

I don't know if you could ever eat a manana today. I guess as long as there are no squiggly lines hovering over it, it might be possible.

Caleb said...

I'll admit that I'm not as faithful reader of your blog as I used to be because I've been too lazy to set up a bookmark folder, but today's cartoon was extremely amusing. Maybe you're dumbing down your humor for the rest of us, but I enjoyed it.