Monday, September 13, 2010

Looking At Five Consecutive Workdays

How was your weekend? Ours was nice and quiet. We saw KLIK on Saturday around lunchtime. The rest of the day was fairly quiet. Then, yesterday, early service at church, brunch, Cardinals football, and then ended with a Chorale concert and watched the Cowboys go down to the Redskins. OK, it ended slightly down.

We have not yet played the new card games I got a couple of weeks ago. I did look through boardgamegeek.com at some names I had written down the last time I went to the game store, but most looked less interesting once I read about them.

Now, it is back to the daily grind. One nice thing is they added cubicle high extensions to our floor. They are now about 4-1/2 ft tall. This should reduce noise and interruptions greatly. However, it does not reduce the amount of email I get. Nor is the amount I send out reduced, so my team will still be inflicted with Clarity of Vision. And because you are reading this, you get to see it, too.

I got notice of Jury Duty in downtown PHX. I am on call the entire week of September 27, or one day if I am called and not chosen. I much prefer the local courts in more convenient suburbs. Oh well.

I have to teach a training class this afternoon, so I have to review the material with management at 11am. I have a first pass, but some changes have already been recommended. That means I must do some work this morning. Hmm. That sounds as if I don't usually work in the mornings. Well, you interpret it however you choose.

I did see some entries on other family blogs, and I even commented on Facebook recently. Go take a look at that stuff and check back here tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

ah, ha! It was you on FB! I knew aunt kathy would not have made those remarks!

K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

I just got a jury summons this weekend. I hope I can get out of it! Last time I had it in downtown Phoenix, I got out of it by telling them I could go into labor any day (I was prego with Bella)...maybe you could try that excuse.