Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Closing Out Her Third Decade

Well, Ali is in her final year of the 20s. Wow, it really does seem to have gone quickly as I look back over her life. All I can do now is pray for her and ask God's blessing and guidance in her life.

We celebrated at Joe's Farm Grill down in Gilbert. Luckily, while it does have a bunch of tables outside, we found tables inside. For dessert, one of Lyndsay's cinnamon cakes. Mmm. It was good. And it will be good again tonight since we got some of the leftovers.

Thinking of b-days, that was the inspiration for another CoV. As in most cities, a number of places give freebies (mostly desserts) on your birthday. So, how many of them could a person actually hit on their day?

I left yesterday for a meeting in another building. When I came in this morning, I found that I had left my laptop on my desk. Luckily, it was still here. Whew! I usually lock it away for the night.

East Valley Chorale practice tonight. I always enjoy that. I don't know if we have a concert this weekend or not. There was no concert last weekend, so it seems likely. I like those, too, although the ones that start at 2pm mean we must hurry home from church and eat quickly.

My new boss said we'll try and get together early next week to set some expectations. Still, he already knows what I am working on, so there should be no surprises.

Today is our Tuesday/Thursday 8:30am meeting, so I need to start preparing in about half an hour. That leaves a few minutes for me to catch up on some email. So, I am going to (metaphorically) head down to the mailroom and see what came in for me. Let's meet (metaphorically) in the breakroom tomorrow morning for more visiting. Thanks for (metaphorically) dropping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with all of the calories from the food..what about the "free-movies"? guess you would have to choose between breaks of the movie marathon to quickly chow down...better yet hit the desserts you get free would be my choice