Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Preachers, Beware

I toyed with not publishing this cartoon in today's post. Of course, it is a play on the sounds of words, which I always enjoy. It is reminiscent of the jokes they makes during the tour at Hoover Dam. So instead, I am giving fair warning to preacher-types that it implies reinterpretation of a common word.

This Clarity of Vision is #363. Just two more and I will have created a full year's worth of time wasters.I have not thought about doing anything special, but the milestone alone is surprising. When I first found the Vision template I use to create the visuals, I thought I might be able to find ideas for a couple of weeks. I know some of you are thinking that is just about how many we worth reading. What can I say? I amuse myself, anyway.

Survivor is on TV tonight. Will Jimmy Johnson make it another week? And Glee was on last night, but I had Chorale practice and did not watch it yet. Speaking of which, I missed a couple of notes last night and came in early on one song because I was listening to the soloist and not concentrating. I know.

Some rain last night and again today. The high is only supposed to be 85F (after 107F yesterday). That sounds nice.

I have not made any decisions about a new cell phone for texting. Thanks for the input. I must admit that Laurie's phone does look interesting. Well, I meant that model, not Laurie's actual phone. Not that there is anything wrong with her phone, but I am not sure she would give it to me.

I slept in an extra 15 minutes today. That was nice. I does mean, though, that I now have 15 fewer minutes to give the company its pound of flesh, so I'll be moseying off now. Yeah, it's still early, so I merely moseying and not scurrying or hurrying. Y'all can mosey back by again tomorrow for another waste of time. I'll be here.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I considered overlooking your veiled crude humor, but then when I got to the misspelling of my daughter's name I decided this is personal! So, is Lauri the "niece" whose very character is now officially besmirched in digital print? Let's just say, "Meet me out behind Hoover...!"