Friday, September 24, 2010

Formal Friday?

What if companies decided to allow us to dress more formally on Fridays instead of more casually? Maybe us guys would all go get tuxedos? Maybe we would just wear a tie with our polo shirts? Who knows? The norm seems to be casual Fridays, even at places with a strict dress code. Today's CoV looks at someone who followed the letter of the law.

It's Friday! Just a few hours until the weekend. No, nothing really planned right now. We do have a Chorale concert (actually two) on Sunday.

The evenings are getting cool enough now to walk the dog again. He's really glad about that. I hope it gets him to sleeping all night again. Lately, he gets up at least once each night.

No, I have not yet requested a work iPhone. The idea of them easily reaching me off-hours is a little off-putting. The phone would be cool, though.

I am consolidating all my existing external hard drives into a single one. The copy of backed-up photos has been copying for over 24 hours and still shows 24 to go. USB 2.0 drives do not like my USB 1.1 connection.

So far, I told my boss I should stay in the building I am in now and not the one he is in. I am central to most of my teammates and answer questions for them dozens of times a day. The good thing about moving would be the covered parking.

I've got the morning to try and finish the training deck I am building. My first meeting is not until 1pm.

Thanks for sticking around during my rambling. You can now ramble off for the weekend. If you stay longer, you are required to complete a comment card.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Like this? (click here)

Zachary said...

Now that is a CoV I am down with! Boxer Fridays would be a great alternative to my uniform every Friday!