Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Political Hot Potato

I voted in the primaries yesterday. Did you? As I noted in yesterday's post, I was there before the polls opened and was out in less than 5 minutes. I don't think it will go that quickly in November. There will be quite a few more positions to vote for. I need to go investigate how to vote by mail. We have done that in the past, but somehow, we lost that action for the last few elections.

Let's make fun of the parties, shall we?
Only two meetings today, but one is 2 hours and one is 1-1/2 hours. Still, I should get some things done today.

I am ready for this humidity to move on. 108F with 57% humidity is a tad uncomfortable. Where's that dry heat when we need it? They are forecasting that is should only reach 99F next Monday. All right! Coat weather.

We are doing a nice arrangement of Angels We have Heard on High in Chorale this Christmas. Well, it will be nice once we learn it. I think we are practicing 4-5 Christmas songs already. No, it's never too early for Christmas songs.

I am disappointed in myself. Sure, it's warm in the house until the A/C kicks on at 8pm, but I really need to get the family reunion photos processed and lay out a photo book. The book part will flow once I review the shots and pick the ones worth publishing. Maybe I can start knocking out one vacation day's worth of shots an evening. Then, I can also generate one page in the photo book per night. I will not be finished by September 1. Part of it is that, when my iMac dies, it locked up my current iPhoto album and all its pictures. And the older Mac I am using will not run the latest iPhoto, so I cannot even link to my backup copy of the photos. Still, I do have the reunion shots, so no more excuses.

I think that writing this post is no excuse for not getting to work. Sorry, folks. Gots to go. Y'all be careful out there.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

is your A/C totally off until 8? It was so cold in the big D this morning my A/C actually turned off while on auto for a few minutes!

Craig Weeks said...

Do you not have early voting in AZ? That pretty much kills off any standing in line here in Williamson Co., unless maybe you wait until the last day of early voting.