Thursday, August 05, 2010

Not Too Many Meetings Today

I woke up with the words to the Harry Belafonte song "All My Trials" in my mind. Do you remember them?

Hush, little baby, don't you cry,
You know your mother was born to die
All my trials, Lord, soon be over.

Hopefully, I am not a prophet on this. I heard that song all the time at my grandmother's house on her Live at Carnegie Hall album. It also had "Banana Boat Song," but that's a song for another day.

I also thought of Keith's pet raccoon while washing my hair. I got soap in one ear and was rinsing it our with both hands and I thought of the 'coon sneaking up over the edge of the couch and combing through my hair and digging in my ear. Does all this talk of the past mean I am old? Probably.

However, I still fly occasionally. So, let's look at airline fees.
By the way, I am working on the MAC OS side right now because I could not login to blogger.com in Windows. I suppose I should ask a techie-type about it when one comes around.

Did y'all check out the virtual choir the other day as mentioned in comments? Really cool, but I think it was assembled from a bunch of pieces, not totally recorded live. Still, look back and find it.

We are supposed to reach 112F today. Not killer, but not really fun, either. At least it is a dry heat, right?

Only a couple of meetings today, but there is still much to do. Or as Willy Wonka put it in the original film, "There's so little to do and so much time. Wait! Strike that. Reverse it." I am ready to go do it and get ready for the 8:30am conference call. You go do something, too. Before i go, though, I will mention that my last sentence also reminded me of something from the past. I was in a regional choir and we sang some songs that used Robert Frost poems. One of them was 'The Pasture."

I’m going out to clean the pasture spring;
I’ll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I sha’n’t be gone long.—You come too.

OK, now, I really am leaving. So can you.

No comments: