Monday, August 09, 2010

Adding Color to Life

Alison and I spent the weekend painting her room in the house she is sharing with a friend. We did three of the four walls in 'Pecan Sandie.' And there is one dried drop on my glasses that I have not gotten off yet because I do not want to scratch them. So, that dictated what today's Clarity of Vision would be about. Of course, I do not drink, but I needed a vehicle to drive the central idea of the comic.
Repairing the pool aerator a couple of weeks ago has made a big difference in swimability. The pool is a nice temperature now. Kendall and Bella came over with their parents Friday night and we made an evening of it. We headed over to their house for game night on Saturday. Let me think. We played Ticket to Ride card game, Monopoly Deal card game, and Catchphrase. Do any of you have new games that you have played recently? The guys I used to play with during lunch moved to another building, so I do not learn about new games anymore.

I carried my laptop home to do a little work over the weekend. I did not do any work. I also did not play with my photos. I was painting and gaming, remember? That was definitely more fun than working.

Both Kathie and Alison have kids starting today. Kathie is still teaching first grade, while Ali has moved to fourth grade this year. Can you believe how early classes start here in AZ? And yet, they still go through the end of May. Do you think they are learning more with these extra days than we did back in the day?

Nothing else comes to mind for today's post. I suppose I will let you leave early, with a reminder to be in your seats before the bell rings tomorrow.

No comments: