Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mac and Cheese Today

No, I am not talking about my lunch. I host a Tuesday-Thursday morning meeting called Monitor and Control meeting. This is usually shortened to just the MAC Meeting. However, a team member who hails from England said they would likely call it Mac and Cheese over there. Now, many call it that. Plus, it just makes a clever title for today's post.

What does not sounds clever to me is the idea of not watching TV anymore. As I was creating this comic strip, I started trying to think of TV programs that people might watch to list in panel three. No, I don't watch all of them, but I do watch several. And no, I am not planning to give up TV. Now that we have DVRs, you could just time shift some of your favorites to the weekend and that would free up some week night time. Sure, we do that some, but we still watch an hours or so each night.
I am toying with either a milk allergies cartoon or a weather idea for tomorrow. I'll let you know in 24 hours or so.

No swim party tonight. So to all of you who were planning to come over, you should not.

Of late, work assignments have been coming in fast and furious. I was trying to create a list so I can prioritize my work, and I was not even sure where I had all the different elements written down to consolidate them. That's too much. Still, I'd rather have this problem than looking for work.

I guess Bella started Pre-K yesterday. Kathie called to ask how it went, but I am not sure we got an answer. Wow, they grow up so quickly. In fact, even as I write this, I heard she was engaged. Well, maybe not that quickly.

Because my company blocks access to Facebook, I hardly ever check it. I know Kathie is backing off from it a bit, also. So, if you are passing photos or info to us, drop us an email or comment on one of these posts and we will know to check Facebook.

I came up with an idea for a series based on Facebook sound-alikes, but have never finished fleshing out how each strip would flow. For example, a Facebook alternative for believers would be called FaithBook or maybe GraceBook.

Have you ever heard of jumping the shark? It means when something has passed the point of being worthwhile. It comes from an episode of Happy Days late in the series where Fonzie water-skied over a shark. I think my mind just did that on today's post, so it is time to sign-off. Check in tomorrow to see what I chose for CoV and find out if my mind returned from the shark jumping.

No comments: