Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Only Constant is Change

We recently went though a large reorg of IT. However, even after that was touted as complete, moves between departments and positions continued, including a total revamping of the department we used to be part of. I suppose we are not really calling this a reorg, so I imagined how else we must be spinning it.
I think the director of the East Valley Chorale must have worked in Wal-Mart or something because we are already getting ready for Christmas. It starts earlier every year, doesn't it? Last night, we practiced two Christmas songs and he had two others he will probably get to in the next practice. We also have a Fourth of July song we went through. Since he is thinking ahead, though, maybe it is already for July 4, 2011?

Kathie and Ali (and Lyndsay) are working out using P90X. It sounds like a crazy, frenetic workout. I got tired when they showed me a couple of the exercises. Kathie said she has some soreness, but it is a good routine.

I brought in a couple more of our photo books today to show the photographer team member. Let's see if she has some suggestions on improving my techniques.

Ouch. It seems that a couple of the quarterly metrics that I submitted yesterday do not match the same metrics as tracked by another org. I hate when that happens. So now, my mind is already wondering about that and how to compare/contrast our numbers. I will leave you now since I am already working. I am sure it has to do with milestones that were completed on time, but not flagged as closed until after the daily totals were taken. OK, goodbye.

No comments: