Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Does This Mac Signal The End?

They swapped out my Dell laptop for a Mac Pro 17" yesterday, plus the honking large 24" monitor. Sure it looks cool, but my productivity has gone way down. The Microsoft Office stuff is just different enough to be weird. It looks like it does not support the font I have used up until now in Clarity of Vision. I need to copy and rebuild my file organization that I had on the Dell. Maybe this is a sign of the end times?
All this change has even sapped my thinking ability. I don't know what to write about today. Hey, no comments from the back row.

We purchased a few Wii games last night, including a pinball game, The Simpsons, and a Lego Indiana Jones game. That should do us for a while.

I have to lead Chorale practice for the first half tonight. That's always fun.

See, I told you I'm struggling with verbiage today. I will go ahead and stop, but you can think about how clever I usually am and what I might have said. Hopefully, my mind will be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Wait. You went from a Dell/Windows laptop to a Mac with a honkin' monitor and that is cause for complaint? Come on over here to our new owner (Hewlett-Packard) where people with beautiful Macs with honkin' displays are being forced to HP/Windows laptops.