Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Wednesday's Wonderings

Nooo. Not 112 by Sunday. The only good thing about that is the pool will be easily warm enough by this weekend. Well, maybe the other good thing is.... No, there is no other positive to having temps in that range.

Well, the crew headed out to Disneyland today. Lucky me. I get to work today, then replace a faucet cartridge tonight. And sometime, I need to replace the wax ring on a toilet. However, Dad loaned me his MacBook, so I can transfer some photos. although I may not get to that until tomorrow night. Not the same as Disneyland, but oh well.

I think I heard the phrase diamond in the rough on the radio. I thought of it somehow. Here are today's musings.
I am moved into my new digs at work. We have those short, four foot high cubicles. So I can see everybody and all their screens. I can participate in their conference calls without even dialing in. Not my favorite.

Anything else? No, these new cubes have sucked all the creativity out of me, at least for now. And as usual, I have to get ready for the daily meeting. Why don't y'all sit back and enjoy your work surroundings while I sit and sulk. Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

we have short cubes but I can't see over them while sitting...but I face the window anyway so it doesn't matter. They pump white noise into our office to drown out the voices, conference calls, etc. It really helps...you don't really notice it but one day it went out and it was really loud. Come to think of it, I can hear the white noise. I think I always thought it was the freeway which I am looking at.

Craig Weeks said...

In the summer of 2000 I had my first cube experience. Worse than that I sat about 12 feet from an admin who was always on the phone or talking to someone at her desk. I think it took half a day for me to go down to Borders Books and find a CD that contained 60 minutes of the sound of heavy rain. It's still the best white noise I have ever heard.