Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Still Love You, Leigh

Once I wrote yesterday's cartoon, I played with the Four Horsemen phrase, trying to find other ways to present the same sounds. This is the only alternative I could find. Then, as I was creating today's CoV, I needed something for the ladies to say. I remembered a phrase a certain niece who shall remain nameless used when we were playing Catchphrase. I will you figure out which one it is.
I led the first half of East Valley Chorale practice last night. That is always fun. Another man led the second half. Why do we split it? I don't know, but our styles are certainly different. I tend more towards getting the notes and rhythms right. He focuses more on dynamics and making sure we are feeling it as we sing. I conduct fairly precisely and cue as many entrances as I can catch. He moves his hands in time to the beat and trusts the group to come in at the right times. No, I am not criticizing him at all. He has a lot of fun with it. I was just pointing out that our styles are complementary and together, we are almost a director.

I did not have much time for TV last night, and no time for Wii. Oh well. We are almost caught up on our DVR backlog, and now that I have the Wii, I can play it anytime.

It appears the automatic filler on the pool is on the fritz. It does fill. In fact, too much. Luckily, though, it is not overflowing, but it is full just above the level of the skimmer opening. I suppose I need to check it out Saturday.

I think we have a game night coming up this weekend. We will probably play the new game KLIK gave me. And we will probably carry our new Wii games over there, too.

Have any of y'all watched Leverage on some cable channel? I taped one to see if it is any good. And we also taped the new Betty White show on another cable channel. It is getting great ratings, according to tvbythenumbers.com. The ads look kinda fun. We taped something else that looks good, but I do not remember the name, so I will not ask you about it.

I am still getting used to my Mac Pro. So far, I find little reason to boot up the Mac side, so I just boot into Windows 7. I used an Outlook addon called Neo Pro for improved searching and filing, but I am not an admin on my new machine, so I cannot install it. I have asked Tech Support to install for me, but no luck yet. I also cannot choose a different screen saver than the Univ of PHX default one. I suppose I understand the reason to no longer allow us to have admin rights, but change is hard. You did hear the slight whine in my voice there, right?

Well, the old clock on the wall says I must leave you. Actually, there are no clocks on the wall, either here in the work area or in the break room. I have to look one foot to the right on my desk and see the time on my desk phone. Or I could look 8" to the right in the lower corner of my screen for the Windows clock. Yes, life is hard.

OK, let's chat more tomorrow.

No comments: