Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Star Wars Day?

Nobody told me yesterday was Star Wars Day. I did not even get the day off. And as you remember, when the original movie came out in 1977, I saw it 17 times in the theater. It was so amazing and groundbreaking. Oh, why is yesterday Star Wars Day? It was May 4. So, May the Fourth be with you. I need to put that on my Outlook calendar so I can maybe satirize it in CoV. Don't let me forget.

Lauri, I am so sorry that I missed your concert on Monday. I totally spaced on it. I heard it was very good, but the folks had to get you back to the church early the next morning, so not much time for visiting. I'll catch you next time, I promise.

Craig, you are HP now, huh? Is that a good or bad thing? It sounds bad for Mac users. For me, no, I still have not decided, but while I am a Mac person at home, I would probably need to be convinced why the hassle would be worth it at work.

You will be happy to know that I am almost finished with the Billy the Kidder theme in CoV. right now, tomorrow should be the last. No promises, though. As I write it, in my mind, I hear the voice sounding like The Unknown Comic from the old Gong Show with Chuck Barris.
I know the folks go home and watch LOST on Tuesday nights after Chorale practice, but that is too late for us working folks. So, as usual, tonight is LOST and Glee catch-up night. And I recorded Jeremiah Johnson, so sometime, I get to see how far that pilgrim has come. I wonder if he has kept his hair?

Only two meetings scheduled for today, so I should be able to catch up with the minutes and action items from the VP meeting on Monday. So, I think I'll get ready with the 8:30am Agenda. Let's get together tomorrow. Have your people call my people and set it up.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Too early to call the goodness/badness of being an H-P employee. So, far I've seen nothing that I consider to be a net improvement for my selfish little domain.

I like Billy the Kidder better than the PM-related CoVs ... and not only because it's just one panel ... but I do consider that an attribute. Snakes talking to snakes (ala Gary Larson) would also be an attribute. I'm just sayin'.